This stealth startup (“Newco”) is a virtual-first early intervention service for children (0-6) and their families. Newco uses a novel and proprietary technology platform to screen children for developmental delays, recommend consult/evaluation appointments with relevant providers, and facilitate virtual visits with licensed therapists on an ongoing basis. Families and caregivers can monitor their child’s progress, message with their providers, and utilize an expansive library of caregiver-mediated interventions to help address therapy goals in between appointments. We are launching first in Massachusetts before scaling nationwide. Please note: Newco is a multi-disciplinary offering for young children but is not a state affiliated program.
- Self-motivated pediatric Occupational Therapist, ideally with telehealth experience, having worked in Early Intervention, school-based programs, or private practice
- Experience working with children (0-6) and their caregivers
- Up-to-date on evidence based practices and enthusiastic about use of technology to facilitate and augment care
- Passionate about caregiver guided intervention, strengths-based framing and play as therapy, and the impact early intervention support can have on children
- Flexible schedule to allow for convenient appointment times for busy families (e.g., some availability in early mornings and/or evening, and/or weekends)
- Licensed to practice in MA required
- Perform consult/evaluation appointments with children and their families and use clinical decision making to determine need for ongoing support. Thorough review of medical history, developmental concerns, and goals for seeking support.
- Document clinically sound, personalized care plans and recommend therapy frequency (weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly)
- Facilitate therapy appointments with child and their caregiver(s). Communicate clearly with caregivers and educate them on activities and exercises so they can work with their child at home.
- Maintain up-to-date patient records including appointment summaries, progress monitoring, and other documentation
- Utilize the platform to recommend exercises/activities that caregivers can apply in between appointments to work toward therapy goals
- Work to improve the platform including review of developmental screener and associated escalation logic, expansion of exercises library, and other enhancements
- Responsive to the messaging portal to answer questions from users on a predetermined cadence
- Collaborate with other clinicians to ensure children and their families are receiving holistic care.
- Chance to work at an innovative, early-stage digital health company, with room for growth and opportunities for advancement
- Flexible hours with the ability to work part-time
- Opportunity to mold a new care delivery model and help the access gap for children who need developmental services but are unable to receive them today
- Hourly salary commensurate with experience & a performance-based bonus structure available