Harmon Care is a mission-driven healthcare organization that helps people access high quality mental health treatment through their primary care clinician. As the prevalence of mental health issues continues to rise, more people experience difficulty finding help, particularly in rural communities. At Harmon Care, we make evidence-based mental treatment easily accessible and affordable by using the collaborative care model. This team-based treatment model involves a primary care clinician and behavioral health specialist who coordinate the patient’s care under the oversight of a consulting psychiatrist.
Our success starts with our people. It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. By joining our team, you'll have the opportunity to work in a rewarding workplace with a strong sense of community. We know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging.
The Psychiatric Consultant is responsible for helping facilitate high quality mental health treatment for the patients enrolled with Harmon Care. In this role, you will not directly evaluate patients, but instead will virtually participate in case consultation meetings where you will provide guidance and treatment recommendations for patients under the care of our behavioral health care managers and primary care clinician partners. Our psychiatric consultants spend up to 3 hours per week working with each of our behavioral health care managers to oversee a panel of patients.
- Provide weekly virtual caseload consultation to behavioral health care managers during a scheduled time. Case review consultations focus primarily on patients who are new to the caseload or who are not improving as expected under their current treatment plan.
- Work with behavioral health care managers to oversee the status and population health of their assigned patient caseload. The psychiatric consultant uses a registry to track all assigned patients and prioritize patients for case review and treatment adjustment.
- Recommend any treatment adjustments through the case review process or in ad hoc consultations, including medication recommendations and other interventions, within 24 hours of consulting with a behavioral health care manager or other team members.
- Advise on treatment for patients who may need more intensive or more specialized mental health care, supporting treatment in the medical setting until patients can be engaged in specialized care as appropriate.
- Be available to provide occasional ad hoc telephone consultation to primary care providers for very complex patients or challenging patient situations. Respond to telephone calls from primary care providers and behavioral health care managers within one business day. Respond to urgent telephone calls within the same day, if available. Coordinate with other psychiatric consultants for vacation coverage
Background and Skills:
- NC Licensed psychiatrist (MD/DO)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive, flexible, and solution-focused attitude
- Ability to quickly synthesize medical and psychiatric data and formulate effective and evidence-based clinical recommendations
- Comfortable providing population-based mental health treatment in collaboration with other treatment providers without directly seeing the patient yourself
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a team setting
- Ability to maintain effective and professional relationships other members of the care team
- Experience with primary care psychiatry or consultation-liaison psychiatry
- Comfortable collaborating with colleagues by telephone and video calls
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Fully remote & flexible work environment
- Umbrella malpractice insurance coverage
- Opportunity to grow your hours in the future